Town Unveils Improved Website
New $50,000 site launches with improved looks and utility.
The Town of Mount Pleasant has unveiled a new website that city leaders say is both more attractive and more functional.
“We want our citizens to have everything at their fingertips,” said Town Administrator Eric DeMoura. “They will be able to conveniently sign up for updates, report concerns and view subjects that are important to them. We now offer a wide array of e-services, online applications, and subscriptions accessible at home, the office, or via a smart phone.”
A citizen input group, led by Councilwoman Linda Page and five members of the public, determined the look of the new site, DeMoura said.
“Citizen engagement was at the heart of this effort and created a site reflecting both form and function,” DeMoura said. “The new website is the product of the combined efforts of more than 60 staff and residents. The website will remain dynamic and fluid as we add to our existing functionalities.”
Elizabeth Boyles, Victoria Musheff, Bob Sachs, Sy Rosenthal and Sully Witte formed the citizen input group.
The town contracted with CivicPlus to develop the site. In addition to updating what was already on the town’s old site, departments that weren’t on the site before are now online. Mount Pleasant paid $53,748 for both the city site and a separate marketing site, DeMoura said.
“We enhanced the functionalities of all departments and created new ones,” said Martine Miller-Wolfe, town spokeswoman. “The Planning Department has gone digital and offers users the ability to apply and pay online for a wide range of services."
The town has added a vibrant history section and the popular “Come on Over” marketing effort also has its own website.
Here’s what residents can now do on the new website:
- Sign up for alerts, special events, and subscription lists;
- Apply for jobs, create a profile and receive updates;
- Buy Memorial Waterfront Park Parking passes;
- Register for recreation programs;
- Pay stormwater bills;
- Apply and pay for all planning submittals;
- Apply for a position of our boards and commissions;
- Apply for a special events permit;
- View properties for sale in the area;
- Look up local businesses, attractions and much more with the town’s iPhone App;
- Request a speaker;
- View Town Council Meetings;
- Book facilities;
- Submit events in a Community Calendar.